Archive

Saturday 18 February 2012

I survived Valentine's!

Wooo! Go me! No crying. No kissing inappropriate men to cheer myself up. No binging on chocolate, cake and pastries. No rushing out to buy a cat for companionship. In fact I took the whole being single on Valentines very well, I spent most of the day wishing people happy Ferris Wheel Day (which for those who want an alternative to V-day also always falls on Feb 14th) I also explored the community of single girls blogging and tweeting. Best of all it gave me an excuse to contact a friend I hadn't spoken to in ages, I met Mr Finland at uni and we stay in contact with half-hour long phone-calls every few months and the odd visit. He's one of the few male friends I've managed to keep platonic.

So in celebration of my survival of one of the crappiest days of the year for singletons, I got myself a haircut! I have a fringe for the first time in ages, and it's a side-swipe fringe. I do feel if I'd not maintained the length of my hair and I changed my sexuality I'd be a prime candidate for LWLLJB. (I spend way too long on that site considering I'm straight and have a severe dislike for Justin Beiber) Here's my new hair-cut, I'm pleased with it, especially as my hairdresser is a family friend and it only cost me £10. BARGAIN!

Another awesome single thing I did this week was book a holiday to IBIZA! Wooooo! (oh dear that's the second woo in this post, I might be a little over-excitable today) I'm going with a couple of friends in June. They're not the sort that will help me pull, but will be up for drinking funtimes and all that, so should be good. Oh and for the last couple of days we're there Mr Vanilla and his friends (including Mr Media) are going to be in Ibiza too. I'm really excited, even if it cost me a lot of my savings and isn't for over 100 days. I'm just going to be singing the Venga Boys' song until the holiday. He he.

The sharp-eyed among you might have noticed I'm posting this in the afternoon, not the evening. "Why is that?" I hear you ask, we'll it's because I'm going out of course. Going over to Mr Argument and Mr Vanilla's place for drinkies then hopefully going out into town. We were meant to be doing that yesterday but Mr Argument was "just not feeling it", which sucks majorly because Mr Vanilla and his friends were all going out yesterday (not that I'm angling to see Mr Media again... well maybe a little, but it's mainly the more the merrier principle) Oh well, going to make the most of it tonight. Feeling good about myself with my new haircut and the snug support of my denim playsuit. If you're good, I might upload some pics later.

Have a good week x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say about my blog post? Feel Free! Just be nice :P