Archive

Saturday 14 April 2012

Men are like buses...

... much more fun if you ride them with no clothes on.

Joking, joking. Men are like buses, you wait ages for one and several come at once. So it's been a busy week, where to start... maybe with how I joined match.com and have now left it.

Right, so earlier this week my friend, Mr Nocturnal, persuaded me to join match.com, he was signing up and I thought "Well it'll be a way to meet new people" so just went for it. Before I'd even completed the lengthy form I was getting interest on the site. I was only testing the waters though, so didn't really want to bother paying money. After 24 hours 14 pageviews, 5 winks and a couple of instant messages I was starting to realise not paying for this means I can't actually do anything.

There I was contemplating spending money, but I then my neighbour started chatting to me on Facebook. I hadn't spoken to him in about a year, but when I mentioned that my parents were away for a few nights he suggest he came over. He was also very complimentary. He was hitting on me basically. Girls with fewer standards than me would probably have invited Mr Neighbour over and jumped into bed. I didn't, I don't do that. I appreciated the attention though. It made me realise I can get men in the real world, and paying for stuff on the internet would be stupid. Especially with Mr Ski coming back next week.

I went out Thursday night with Mr Morrisons, Mr Nocturnal, Miss Paranoid and others. I was drinking cocktails, so got quite drunk. When I get drunk, I drunk text whoever I have a crush on at the time. So I spent goodness knows how much on a text to Mr Ski in France saying (actual quote) "I'm drunk and horny. If you were here I'd totally let you take advantage of me." Oh God. Why did I say that? How totally embarrassing. He didn't seem to mind. He replied later saying "Good to know. See you next week. x" Seriously, what am I doing? I haven't seen this guy in 4 months and wasn't sexually attracted to him before, what if in person I'm not and I've lead him on? oh god oh god oh god. Anyways, no point worrying. We'll just have to wait and see right?

Oh yeah, the final bus that came my way this week was as I was sobering up on my night out. I went to the bar to ask for some water and the barman was fit and smiley. I have no idea what strange bout of confidence came over me, but when I went back to ask for another cup of water a little later, I also asked for his number. Apparently being direct works because I got it. :) I then lost it, or thought I had, so had to go back AGAIN and ask for it again. Whoops. I felt like the cat that got the cream though. Text Mr Barman yesterday afternoon and got a response totally lacking in punctuation, with three kisses at the end and him calling me "hunni". He added me on facebook later and pretty much ALL of his profile pictures are him topless. He has a great body, so it's not unpleasant, but it's a little vain. I'm not going to judge on this, he seems sweet, will meet him for coffee next week and make a judgement then, but am starting to get doubts.

It was after that night out I decided to deactivate my Match.com account. Really no point being on there at the moment.

Mr Ski and Mr Barman are so different it's ridiculous, it's almost impossible to compare, I'll have to make a decision soon though, don't want to lead them on. Wish me Luck. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say about my blog post? Feel Free! Just be nice :P